General Tips for Presenters
Basic Session Structure:
- 10 minutes before the Session: The host will start the designated WebEx meeting.
- 2 minutes before the Session: The host will start the recording.
- 2 minutes before the Session: The Session Chair will upload the presentation(s) and turn over control to the presenter.
- 1 minute before the Session: The Session Chair introduces the session.
- Beginning of the Session: The Session Chair will introduce the presenter.
- A live Q&A Session will follow each talk, moderated by the Session Chair:
- Participants will be muted and they will need submit questions during the presentation.
- The Session Chair will select and ask the questions during the Q&A session. We understand that there maybe not time to ask all the questions. The Chair will make sure to ask complimentary questions according to the time they were first submitted.
- The Chair will have the ability to unmute participants if this is needed to elaborate on their questions.
Instruction to Presenters:
Initial WebEx setup:
Please download and install WebEx in advance.
Note: It is recommended to install WebEx client for all operating systems instead of using a browser version. This will help avoid any issues that might be caused because of your browser.
How to join the Session:
- You will receive a calendar invite with all of the appropriate details for you to join the appropriate tutorial as a speaker/panelist. Please follow the Webex Link in the calendar request as there are unique links for speakers/panelists.
- Using this invite, you can join a WebEx session by clicking on the link to join the meeting or typing in the meeting id in the landing page of your WebEx desktop application:
- If you are joining the Session before the host has started the meeting, please wait in the lobby until the host starts the Session.
- Please join at least 30 minutes before your designated time slot so we can assure your connections are working properly.
During the Session:
- The Session Chair will upload your presentations and/or videos and will give you the ability to control the session yourself.
- You are welcome to use private chat to direct questions to the Sessional Chair (NAME: Chair *).
- As organizers, we would like to ensure a smooth and productive virtual conference. Following the presentation there is a short Q&A session.
- We request participants to use Q&A panel on the side-panel on the right of the WebEx window. If not shown, one can click on the icon shown below to enable the Q&A panel.
- Attendees will post questions in the Q&A window during the presentation.
- At the end of the talk, the Session Chair will unmute you and ask you to answer some of the questions in sequence they were submitted.
- The Session Chair will try to cover as many questions as possible depending on the allotted time. In case some of the questions have not been answered, we will provide an email response.
- Each Session will have a host, a Session Chair, a presenter and participants.
- Host: will be the user with a special icon by the side of the profile. This person facilitates the use of the technology and could be the same person as the Sessional Chair in some Sessions. (NAME: Host * or Chair *).
- Sessional Chair – This person is present to coordinate the Session and manage Q&A. (NAME: Chair *).
- For a stable connection to the meeting, please check: Webex Best Practices.