Presenters’ Information for Technical Paper Program
Preparing and Uploading Your Virtual Presentation
By agreeing to provide your presentation material and registering for the conference, your work will be published and searchable in the IEEE Xplore digital library. Your presentation material will only be made available to conference attendees (i.e. those who have registered for the virtual conference) for a limited period. In order to be published in IEEE Xplore, each author will be required to:
- Pay all registration fees
- Submit a Final Manuscript/Copyright in Epapers
- Submit a presentation to ON24 that meets criteria written below
- Authors must respond to questions within 72 hours of it being posted
In preparation, below are the official submission instructions for all presentation types. Please submit your presentation by 19 May 2020.
We highly encourage you to include an audio/video presentation of your work both to allow you the opportunity to explain your work and get more exposure to the audience, as well as making the conference more informative, valuable and engaging for the attendees.
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. In this method, you can show your face via webcam (if you would like) and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
- You can also use the two-step method covered below:
Audio/Video File Requirements:
- All files must be in MP4 Format
- 1mbps bitrate: To check the bit rate, right click on the file name, click on properties, go to the details tab, and look for total bitrate.
- Resolution = maximum 720p HD
- Your presentation should be no longer than 15 minutes in length.
- Please use the following naming convention: SID.pptx, SID.pdf, SID.mp4, where SID is your session ID, the code that was entered in front of your paper/poster title in the program.
Tips for Recording:
- Use as quite an area as possible
- Avoid areas that have echo
- Rooms should be fairly small
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Strong Wi-Fi connection
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bit rate before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
Standards and Templates (for PPT, PPTX, and PDF):
|Format||PPT / PPTX|
As a reminder, your accepted paper will be published to the proceedings and to IEEE Xplore after your presentation at the conclusion of the Virtual World Forum.
Help Desk Information:
- Please direct any questions about access or the Virtual Conference platform to IEEE MCE’s David Stankiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please direct any questions about Registration to Laura LeBlanc at email@example.com
- Please direct any questions about the online proceedings or Conference Publications to Laura LeBlanc at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general conference inquiries, contact Karen Pannullo at email@example.com
Uploading Your Presentation to the Virtual Event Platform:
After you have prepared your MP4 video file, please upload your presentation to your designated session. Please see https://wfiot2020.iot.ieee.org/program/technical-paper-program/ if you cannot recall which session your paper was accepted into.
Opening and Welcome
S1.1: IoT Enabling Technologies
S1.2: IoT Technologies
S1.3: IoT Technologies
S2.1: IoT Application and Services
S2.2: IoT Application and Services
S2.3: Multi-disciplinary Applications of IoT Frameworks
S2.4: IoT based Consumer Technologies for Smart Cities
S2.5: IoT based Consumer Technologies for Smart Cities
S2.6: IoT for Emergency Response and Disaster Recovery
S2.7: IoT and Public Safety
S2.8: IoT & AI Technologies: Embedded Solutions for Future Automotive Systems
S3.1: Security and Privacy for Internet of Things
S3.2: Security and Privacy for Internet of Things
S3.3: Workshop on Security & Privacy for Internet of Things & Cyber-Physical Systems
S4: IoT Experimental Results and Deployment Scenarios
S5.1: RFID, Sensors, and Actuators
S5.2: Energy Aware Autonomous Sensors for IoT
S6.1: Power and Energy for IoT
S6.2: Low-Power Computer Vision
S7.1: Data Acquisition, Storage, and Management for IoT
S7.2: Edge and Fog computing
S8: Machine Learning for IoT & Big Data
S9: Design, Integration and Testing Methods
VT1: Vertical and Topical Tracks
MS1: M.Sc. Forum
PhD1: PhD Forum
Instructional Videos can be found under “How To Videos”: